Monday, February 16, 2009

Weather - Part 0

Ice. Snow. Cold.

These three things represent the bane of my existence.

Honestly, I really can't stand the winter anywhere in the Midwest. I grew up with bitter cold all my life, the negative temperatures should be second nature. Yet all the time I find myself cursing the weather once the holiday afterglow ends in January.


Or maybe I'm just taking this for granted.


As the temperature progressively warms (which included a very nice day or two of 60 degree temperatures several days ago), I can't wait for summer to start. Warm temperatures, street festivals and late night trips to Lake Michigan in the early morning hours with friends are just the start of what I love about summer in the city. This summer will be different though, I'll be living with one of my best friends, more people will be staying and I'll be a senior. Being a senior? What a scary thought...

Ideally I'll intern again, hopefully in television this time. Time to send off those resumes and hope for the best.

Of course another trip to California will have to happen. After how ridiculous it was last time, I don't know what I would do if I didn't go again. Hopefully I can plan another trip somewhere else too, since Spring Break will consist of work, work and more work.

But I'm probably jumping ahead of myself. I still have to get through midterms and finals. This includes a grand total of two research papers, six regular papers, seven one page responses, two interview transcripts and one debate. Something else is probably missing, but I can't bring myself to try to find out.

Let's see if I can actually keep updating this. Despite blogging since 2001 (Yep, that's 7th grade. LiveJournal anyone?), I've found it harder to keep up as I get older. Here's hoping this works.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment