Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Giving it a go... again

Whoops!

I have done it. I have committed a cardinal sin. I should be struck down.

What? I started a blog without following through on keeping up with it. This is a huge no-no in the public relations world. If you start a blog, follow through with it, or else it is just a wasted effort. I will keep up this time, I swear.

Eight down, 47 to go

For those who do not know, I love traveling. I have one simple goal in life; going to every U.S. state and territory. I do not have any burning desire to go abroad until I accomplish this goal. Why? There is so much to do and see in my own country, I feel it is my responsibility as a citizen to see it all first.

I told someone my travel goal once and while they thought the idea was great, they somewhat chastised me on my "narrow" mind.

Personally, I find nothing wrong with wanting to explore the country you are from. I mean, there is so much variety in landscape and environment. While there are cultural barriers, there's no language barrier. I have only been to eight states, I am eager to visit the rest, along with the territories!

Berry sad

So Berry Chill filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy today. I am not surprised.

While I love the place, the business model seemed a bit off. When I think of frozen yogurt, I think of summer in the city. I think of eating it after class or work, in my neighborhood. Having locations on LaSalle and Ogilvie, both of which are not open on weekends, always seemed strange.

Hopefully, the reorganization works and Berry Chill can close those locations and expand to more profitable areas, such as Lincoln Park, Old Town and perhaps Lakeview. Those areas, in my mind, definitely meet the 20 to 30-something demographic, which appears to be their target market.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment